Thursday, December 22, 2011

Documentary step-by-step propsoal.

Before Thanksgiving, I had started working on my second idea, which concerns people and the relationships they have with the many faces of technology. Whether this may be their phones, computers, instruments, or resources, this day and age calls for a copious amount of time spent with technological belongings.

I will first conduct 2 or 3 more interviews: one with Paul John, a printmaking MFA whose work is highly influenced by the technological era we face. Revolving mostly around the iPhone, P.J. has created a plethora of multi-media works. The addition of an explanation of his concept will heighten the strength of my documentary.

I will also conduct a 4th interview with my roommate, Sarah who uses technology as a means of receiving information. As journalism major, she reads the news and writes articles based on current events. It will be interesting to see how her interest in journalism expands with the help of technology and how she tends to use it in the future.

Next, I plan on re-watching all my interviews and picking out the strongest phrases and answers that I receive. I will split them into categories and outline my documentary by theme.

I will then probably visit an electronics store, perhaps to receive some stranger responses to their purchases for Christmas. If this is not allowed (I plan to ask in advanced) I will simply record some of the objects/observe what I see and create my own responses to them.

Lastly, I will compose my video in iMovie, using the skills I learned in class to promote my message. Technological relationships are prominent in society. It has become hard to live without cell phones, even if only for a day. With each advance, cell phones are becoming more like computers and our resources are expanding by the minute. What is to come of the future? Will technology ever exceed human potential? (And what about conspiracy theories?)

I will explore these and other questions to compose a complete video by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment