Monday, January 28, 2013

Today was my first day actually meeting some of my students. Sadly, I was only able to meet the studio art classes because they let the kids out early due to inclement weather. It's hard meeting the students because many of them are not interested in art, or me. One student did walk right up and introduce himself to me and said he liked art, so that was nice.

 I stayed a little after to make example of the monotype lesson I'm planning. They look really cool.




 Mrs G (one of the main studio teachers, and printmaking teacher extraordinaire) came in and gave me a handful of plexiglass for the glass so we don't have to cut out own! She also gave me access to her printmaking/book-making library. She's really something.

I'm very excited to meet the darkroom 2 students. I still need a good idea for them. They are doing a semester based on journalism, so I think some sort of photo book is in order. Just not sure what yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment